About Me

My photo
My name is Richie Earl. I'm a forty-something Indie Author, writing YA fantasy novels. I have self-published two books in the Tales of Finndragon Series: The Legend of Finndragon's Curse and Return to Finndragon's Den. In creating One Thousand Worlds in One Thousand Words, I hope to give other authors some valuable exposure, and help them find readers and success.

Monday 19 March 2012

Mobile Phones and Magic

Well I am really struggling with this technology thing-a-me-jig, I have to say. Just talking into this mobile phone as Emma calls it and seeing my words magically appear on the screen blows my mind. Where (or should I say when) I come from we are still living in the Dark Ages! But Emma has given me an insight into life in the 21st century - that's where she says that she's from. I can't say that I believe everything that she tells me though - I can just about believe in flying machines. After all, there's a spell in my book that I have tried, OK it didn't exactly work, but I'm sure that it could if only I was a better wizard. But I know that she is playing me for a fool when she says that men have walked on the moon - I may be a little bit dumb sometimes, but I'm not stupid you know!

I would love to be able to visit Emma's world; if she can come to mine, then why can't I go to hers? Oh, that's right, how could I forget about the curse - I'm not going anywhere. I've been stuck here for 1500 years and I'll be here until the end of time because of this damned curse.

I guess that you must be wondering - what's he blathering on about, what is this curse? Well Finndragon fell out with King Dafydd; probably about a woman and the king banished him from the land. Now Finndragon didn't take too kindly to that, as you might imagine and he said, "Unless you lift my banishment before thirteen moons light the sky, then you, your castle, kingdom and everything in it shall sink into the earth and be set upon by monsters and demons until the end of time and never be seen again."


And so, here we all are just like....oh sorry got to dash. Here come those dastardly demons again. Oh, I mustn't forget to tell you about some inter-web thing-a-me-jig http://www.finndragon.com that Emma thought you could take a look at. Bye, got to go now. LOOK OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment